- Professor, Department of Computer Science, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- IEEE Computer Society
- IEEE VGTC Virtual Reality Career Award, 2014
- ACM CHI Academy, 2011
- ACM UIST Lasting Impact Award, 2010
- Mengu Sukan, Carmine Elvezio, Steven Feiner, S., and Barbara Tversky. “Providing assistance for orienting 3D objects using monocular eyewear,” Proc. SUI 2016 (ACM Symp. on Spatial User Interaction), Tokyo, Japan, October 15−16, 2016, 89−98.
- Daniel Miau and Steven Feiner, “Personalized compass: A compact visualization for direction and location,” Proc. CHI 2016, San Jose, CA, May 7−12, 2016, 5114−5125.
- Ajoy Fernandes and Steven Feiner, “Combating VR sickness through subtle dynamic field-of-view modification,” Proc. IEEE 3DUI 2016 (IEEE Symp. on 3D User Interfaces), Greenville, SC, March 19−20, 2016, 201−210.
- Janet Woollen, Jennifer Prey, Lauren Wilcox, Alexander Sackeim, Susan Restaino, Syed Raza, Suzanne Bakken, Steven Feiner, S., George Hripcsak, and David Vawdrey, “Patient experiences using an inpatient personal health record,” Applied Clinical Informatics, 7(2), 2016, 446−460.
- Lauren Wilcox, Janet Woollen, Jennifer Prey, Susan Restaino, Suzanne Bakken, Steven Feiner, Alexander Sackeim, and David Vawdrey, “Interactive tools for inpatient medication tracking: A multi-phase study with cardiothoracic surgery patients.” J. Am. Med. Inform. Assoc., 23(1), 2016, 144−158. doi:10.1093/jamia/ocv160.
- Shashi Shekhar, Steven Feiner, and Walid Aref, “Spatial computing,” Communic. ACM, 59(1), January 2016, 72−81.
- Ohan Oda, Carmine Elvezio, Mengu Sukan, Steven Feiner, and Barbara Tversky, “Virtual replicas for remote assistance in virtual and augmented reality,” Proc. UIST 2015 (ACM Symp. on User Interface Software and Technology), Charlotte, NC, November 8−11, 2015, 405−415.
- Mengu Sukan, Carmine Elvezio, Ohan Oda, Steven Feiner, and Barbara Tversky, “ParaFrustum: Visualization techniques for guiding a user to a constrained set of viewing positions and orientations,” Proc. UIST 2014 (ACM Symp. on User Interface Software and Technology), Honolulu, HI, October 5−8, 2014, 331−340.
- Taejin Ha, Steven Feiner, and Woontack Woo, “WeARHand: Head-worn, RGB-D camera-based, bare-hand user interface with visually enhanced depth perception,” Proc ISMAR 2014 (IEEE Int. Symp. on Mixed and Augmented Reality), Munich, Germany, September 10−12, 2014, 219−228.
- John Hughes, Andries van Dam, Morgan McGuire, David Sklar, James Foley, Steven Feiner, and Kurt Akeley, Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice, Third Edition, Addison-Wesley, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2014.